Thursday, May 17, 2007

Alternate Vinyasa Sequences: Part Eight; A Brief Note

Alternate Vinyasa Sequences: Part Eight; A Brief Note

I hint at this somewhere in the dialogue. The possible combination of vinyasa sequences that could be used in place of chataranga, upward facing dog and downward facing dog is really limitless. You can creatively link the posture, explore and experiment, and you will come up with some wonderful combinations of your own. For this reason I have specifically tried not to formalize what I have present or make the sequences seem like are supposed to go in any specific order. All I have done is categorize the poses by the breath, so that a practitioner will be able to know if he or she should be inhaling or exhaling while coming into a particular pose.

What I have presented is really just a starting point. With the postures I have presented there are hundreds of ways in which they could be combined to create different kinds of sequences. I hope you enjoy exploring the process of moving with your breath and opening your creative mind to new ways of getting from posture to posture while making the practice right for your current needs.

Peace.

UpSideDownCarl


Go to Part One
Go to Part Two
Go to Part Three
Go to Part Four
Go to Part Five
Go to Part Six
Go to Part Seven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home